ich liebe dich!Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Lauren, the sweetie behind How to Make a Home nominated me for a Liebester Award, so I am passing it along :)
First a bit about the Liebester Award: This award is passed down from one blogger to another in order to provide recognition to starter blogs that are doing a great job!
The rules are:
You must link back to the person who nominated you!
You must answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you.
You must post 11 random facts about yourself.
You must pick 11 nominees with under 200 followers to answer your questions.
You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
You must tell the nominees that they have been nominated by you.
- How long have you been blogging and what inspired you to start?: I'd always loved to take pictures and, going to a Catholic school, loved putting together my few dress-down day outfits a year. Somewhere along the way-- and during the Myspace/Livejournal era-- I stumbled upon lifestyle blogs like Nio Till Fem, The Clothes Horse, and Strawberry Koi and realized that people actually shared their style and life for fun! Since then it was something I'd always wanted to do but only worked up the courage to after I returned from a trip to Italy in August 2011.
- What is your ultimate goal for your blog?: Truthfully, I love writing/creating/sharing my life and ideas on the internet with everyone. If I can say or create something that someone enjoys or helps brighten their day, than I've done something good in the world :)
- What is your thought process for your regular posts? Do you have a schedule?: I try to make a monthly schedule-- and definitely work better with it-- but sometimes life doesn't allow for that! Usually the entries kind of create themselves over the course of a few days-- whether it be me pinning a whole bunch of stuff or stumbling upon some magnificent sale item or new arrival, or even just going into my closet and realizing I'm lacking a pair of rainboots or the perfect tee. I'm also constantly keeping up with my favorite designers-- and bloggers-- so there's always something that inspires me to write.
- What is your favorite blog or website to read?: I really love visual sites, so I'm always always looking for stuff on Pinterest and Tumblr, whether it be for hysterical quotes or interesting articles/blog entries.
- What is your process for creating art or photographs to post on your blog?: I get really inspired by visual websites like Pinterest, so I just mess around in Photoshop whenever all of my pins have a similar theme/feel (which actually happens a lot)! As for photographs, the boyfriend grabs the camera and we find a suitable place for outfit shots and give it a whirl.
- What is the most useful tip you've learned through blogging?: Interaction is everything! For the longest time, when I first started blogging, I didn't comment on anyone's blog and I guess just expected people to stumble upon me and interact-- which is not how the blogosphere works. Always leave a comment if you're interested in someone's entry/blog-- even the big names out there. You never know who will take a peek and enjoy your writing/style!
- What is your favorite book and why?: I have so many: The Princess Bride, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, Sula by Toni Morrison, Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire, anything by Ellen Hopkins.. I can go on forever!
- What is your favorite movie or TV show and why?: Again, tons! But currently I am (still) obsessing over BBC's Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch & Martin Freeman. If you haven't seen it (or are resisting because of all of the hullabaloo) DO IT!
- What is one thing you could not live with out?: Sleep! Haha. And although I rarely get it (and am truly an insomniac at heart), without it entirely I don't think that I'd survive very much.
- Do you have any pets? If so, how many and what kind?: My one, old [but you'd never know it] black Siamese cat, Spooky, remains at home with the parents. And I never visit without hugging him before jetting out the door.
- If you were given a free, round trip flight to anywhere, where would you go? Why?: Paris! It is one of those places that I feel homesick for, but have never been. Maybe I lived there in a past life! All I know is that I dream of the days when I can read a book at a Parisian cafe, drink my coffee and people watch.
- I am not a morning person at all. Ever.
- I will try any new food once - just don't tell me what it is until after I've eaten & assessed
- Between organizing & pinning, I can spend hours on Pinterest (& have).
- I am a summer girl through and through!
- I have the worst poker face (& it gets me in trouble quite a bit).
- I love spoilers.
- I've recently started loving pugs. They're so ugly that they're actually cute. What can I say? The pug life chose me :)
- I always pick out my outfits the night before (except on weekends)-- 1. because I love to mess around in my closet &, 2. because I sleep until literally the last moment I can!
- I need music in my life. Meaning I need to belt out at least 3 songs from Wicked each week to not be cranky haha!
- I wish I could rock super duper short hair (and frequently get the urge to go against my better judgement and chop my long locks off)
- I can only sleep and give 100% concentration to something in complete and total silence. Talking/noise distracts me so much that my thoughts literally disappear!
And the nominees are...
- Champagne Star of Femme Noblesse Oblige
- Pilar of Tupersonal-Shopper
- Sash of Cranberry Mix
- Hanna Lee of Speak Style & Rock
- Mili of Sharmtoaster
- Rosamapose of Blonde in the City
- Federica of Fede's Suite
- Antonella of BeautyLove7694
- Majda of Classy State of Mind
- Anastasiya of Style Fiction
- Edyta of Fashion74
Nominees, here are your questions!:
- Where do you look for inspiration for posts?
- Favorite song of all time?
- Who is your favorite fashion designer?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be & why?
- 1 place on your travel bucket list?
- What is your favorite part of blogging? (Writing, interacting with readers, etc.)
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
- What is your favorite subject to write about?
- Your favorite quote of all time:
- Are you a summer or winter person?
- One movie/show that you can watch a million times & never tire of: