milk tea how-to.Tuesday, January 07, 2014
I've been obsessing over milk tea for quite sometime now. I was first exposed to it at a Korean tea shop near my job during the summer, and then recently had an amazing cup of hot milk tea at work thanks to Diana (who apparently makes it British-style). I've been trying to be healthier lately and this concoction totally hits the spot --and makes me feel less guilty than my usual morning coffee (not to mention, the vanilla soy milk is a pretty delicious addition).
- Bring water to a boil in your kettle/pot
- Place your sweetener of choice in the bottom of your mug (I prefer 2 packets of raw sugar)
- Pour vanilla soy milk into your mug, about halfway
- Plop your tea bag into your milk-filled mug and pour in boiling water until it reaches the brim
- Allow your tea bag to steep 3-5 minutes (or until it has been slightly tinted by the tea bag)
- Remove the tea bag and enjoy!