2013: a year in retrospect.Monday, December 30, 2013
|Last year's NYE|
- I rang in 2013 with some of my closest friends (as a newly natural blonde) and started my first career job a few days later!
- Frank & I romantic-ed it up this past Valentine's day, staying at the amazing Ritz Carlton.
- I went on the search for the perfect jean and discovered that my great Aunt Judy was the fashionable gal of her time.
- I impulsively bought a pair of Chanel pumps in March (which were returned before you could say 'scheibe'), but I did shamelessly Instagram them!
- After 6 years or so of wanting them, I bought my dreamy Marc by Marc Jacobs mouse flats and the teenager in me *squee*ed (these babies I kept).
- June was a heartbreaking month, having to say goodbye to my high school for the last time and my cat Moosh.
- My pals and I escaped to Washington, D.C. in July for a little R&R. That same month I turned 23 & Frank got the call for the police academy!
- In September I jet-setted to San Francisco for work (my first ever trip to California-- and first ever solo travel experience)!
- In October, Jack & I had a Wizard of Oz extravaganza, seeing Wicked and The Wizard of Oz in 3D! I also gathered my friends for an apple picking extravaganza (sans picking actual apples...) and cosplayed Harley Quinn.
- November was the month of sick: pink eye ruined my vacation and a bacterial infection followed me for most of the month.
- And December ended with Frank graduating the police academy, a snow party with friends, a blog refresh, and me finally coming out of being sick (finally... I hope)!
|This year's Xmas Party!|
I won't get into the rants about how horrible this year was (because despite how great it seems, it was probably the worst/mot challenging year of my life to date), but instead focus on paving a new way into the new year. As for 2013, all I can say is goodbye and good riddance. Here's to crossing my fingers for better days in 2014!