you are my sunshine.Wednesday, November 27, 2013
The awesome Hanna Lee of Style Speak & Rock nominated me for a Sunshine Award last week! I'm so honored *blush* really!
- You have to post a picture of the Sunshine Award in the blog post.
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 wonderful bloggers.
- Write 11 questions for them to answer.
- Also let the bloggers you nominated know you have nominated them.
11 Facts About Me (that I can think of at this moment)-
- My social media addiction of choice is Pinterest & I am a seriously hardcore pinner!
- I have my morning routine down so that I can wake up, be dressed with complete makeup & hair, and be out the door in 20 minutes or less. (Which is important, because I will literally sleep til the minute I can't anymore.)
- Did I mention I'm addicted to sleeping? (But rarely get enough?)
- I have been rewatching the second season of BBC's 'Sherlock' ad nauseam (to everyone else but me, obviously). But only the first and last episode of the season (any fellow Sherlockians out there I can obsess with!?)
- I rarely eat breakfast on account of it being way too early; coffee suffices.
- I am always, always always freezing.
- Whenever I'm in a funk I'll blast my iPod and sing/dance in my room whilst cleaning it-- cheers me up every time.
- When I've reached the end of the internet (aka exhausted every single website I visit regularly) I start looking at wedding stuff.
- I love hosting parties and get-togethers! (& I'm pretty good at it, too, if I may say so.)
- Guilty obsession: vintage Britney Spears
- I learned how to knit in high school and used to knit at lunch (& have the horrible picture of me doing it in my senior yearbook).
1. What is your life motto?: Ahh this is such a tough question! Truthfully I just really, truly try to stay as positive as I can and make sure that those around me do the same. So always looking for the silver lining, I suppose :)
2. Who is your role model?: Wow! These questions are tough! Haha I actually don't have one currently, but I like to think that I take away a little piece from every person that I admire.
3. Has this year 2013 so far been better than last year?: Oh how I wish it were. This year has definitely challenged me in every way possible. But I'm still here so it could always be worse!
4. What is one beauty tip that you've been doing for a long time?: I can honestly say that I've been doing the same makeup tutorial forever (& only recently started incorporating highlighting/contouring in)! I always line the top water line before I do use eyeliner on my eyelid-- that way you get in those pesky in between places between your eyelashes that tend to not get hit by eyeliner.
5. What do you consider as a "fashion no no"?: This could be because I'm a commuter and just despise looking at it every morning, but when anyone wears sneakers with their super corporate suits/attire. They will look lovely from the ankle up and suddenly you look down and they're in neon New Balance. They make casual shoes for a reason-- use them! Also, leggings as pants-- don't do it unless you're wearing something that covers your booty!
6. Are you more of a speaker or a listener?: Hmm, I like to think that I'm a little of both, but I love to talk and express my opinions, I blame the Italian in me :)
7. What is the craziest thing you ever did on any past birthdays?: I tend to keep things low key on my birthday. But one year, after a delicious dinner at a Mexican restaurant my friends & I literally just hung out on a bench near a bus stop and talked/chilled for a few hours. I know, alert the presses bahha
8. How would you describe a perfect day?: Waking up without an alarm clock, browsing the internet in bed with a caramel macchiato in hand and the ability to do whatever I want with my time-- no errands, no appointments and all of the time in the world to do as I please :D
9. What is your pet peeve?: Making excuses for being unkind. Or simply being unkind.
10. What is your favorite thing to do in the fall?: I love going apple picking with my friends. It's usually crisp out, we have a ton of fun taking pictures and walking around, & it's guarenteed that there will be pie in the foreseeable future.
11. How do you make your blog more unique from the rest?: I try to stay true to what I love and share my little, happy corner of the blogosphere with everyone. I suppose everyone does that, though!
And the nominees are:
My Questions for you:
- Favorite color?
- What website are you currently addicted to & can't go a day without visiting?
- Cake or pie?
- What are 3 things on your holiday wishlist?
- What are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- One trend you will never give in to?
- Favorite song on repeat?
- Audrey Hepburn or Marilyn Monroe? (This is my least favorite question to answer haha)
- Best advice anyone ever gave you?
- What color do you have the most of/wear the most in your closet?
- 1 thing you do everyday without fail?
Thanks so much the Hanna & all of you lovelies who read this!